Thursday, March 16, 2017

Oh, This Serpentine Dresser Makeover Makes Me Think of the Ocean

Let me be honest.  

If I really try, I can make anything remind me of the ocean. 


The serpentine shape of this antique dresser is the ocean waves.

The blues and greens of the paint colors remind me of the warm salty water.

The yellow drips are the rays of sunlight.

And, the golden glass knobs are the shiny happy smiles on my childrens' faces.



I love using the paint from CeCe Caldwell's. It's very thick and creamy and works so well with my style. I often water down the paints and blend them so the original thickness is a perfect match for my art style. I used three colors on this piece but it also had an aqua all over it from a previous makeover.  The green you see is Alaskan Tundra Green and the blue is Windsor Blue. I love a highlight color ( same for my makeup actually) so I added Carolina Sun Yellow to this one, hence the sunlight reference earlier. This blue and green are both two of my favorites with CeCe's paints. If you haven't tried them yet, I recommend you do.




This little gem is now available on  my website, The Turquoise Iris.

For those of you following my artwork on Instagram, my new 
floral release date is March 30th!!!

I'm so excited to share all of these paintings!

~ Dionne



6 comments:

  1. My favorite color combo...gorgeous, Dionne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's mine too, Marigene. Thank you so much. Have a wonderful weekend!

      Dionne

      Delete
  2. I love your work. This is a beauty. It makes me smile when I look at it. Your furniture is just like having a large piece of artwork in a room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I've always said furniture can also be your art. 😘

      Thank you for commenting!

      Delete