Saturday, October 22, 2016

Layers Upon Layers Upon Layers and Vulnerability

Dionne here. I'm sharing a couple of custom orders I finished last week.  I've been so busy doing customs and adding new pieces 
to my shop that blogging has been on 
my "get to it when I can" list. As I'm enjoying game 6, Cubs vs Dodgers, I thought I'd show you all these makeovers.
I used all products from CeCe Caldwell's for this cabinet. Sante Fe Turquoise stole the show, though. 


Layers.

Layers often happen naturally, in life or in art. In life, they happen without our control.  In art, we create them one at a time. It's ironic that as we get older and experience more, we peel our own layers back, one at a time. Personally, I have opened myself up to being vulnerable but with my art, I'm learning to add layers, gracefully and intentionally. Within both of these aspects, 
I am finding more of my true self. 






The only thing I have to say about this cabinet is I never tire of turquoise. I hope to goodness I never do. 
These colors are my favorite - always.
Thanks to Tori for trusting me. 

Now, prepare to be stunned by this amazing chair.
My client brought it to me and said she's had it for a very long time.  The best part was she let me choose the colors to use. She was tired of the original finish and well, I added layers upon layers.
I created this color combination using Tuscan Red from 
General Finishes as my base color. 




You can see the original finish in the photo above. I love it peeking out among all of these paint layers. 




What about you? Do you see how social media makes us all feel vulnerable at times? Actually, more than not, someone behind the screen is making judgement about what we post, what we say or what we are doing. It's up to us how we receive that judgement.  Do we care and if so, how much? I think we are all on a learning curve, doing the best we can.

I am so grateful to be able to do what I love for a living and share my passion with you. Every piece I paint gets a stamp on it that says, "handmade by The Turquoise Iris" with two little hearts. I mean that. Each time I grab a brush, you get my love, sweat and vulnerability. Thank you for this, thank you so much.

~Dionne

5 comments:

  1. Dionne~
    I love that you share your talent and voice with the world. As someone who is an extreme introvert, social media can be brutal.......
    However, opening up and slowly peeling back those layers reveals your true, and RELATABLE beauty.......so Thank You .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicole, thank you so much for commenting. Trust me, I've come a long way from my horribly bashful introverted self. It's tough, no doubt. One step at a time, right?

      Have a wonderful week,

      Dionne

      Delete
  2. Love the hutch, just gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your work. Very inspiring. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete