Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Staging for Photos and this Pink Petite Dresser

Anyone else LOVE staging their photos as much as they do painting? I definitely do. This is always my favorite work day - the one I reveal my newest makeover + stage and photograph the piece.



I went outside and clipped a few small branches from our holly tree, wrapped a couple of boxes, hung the curly willow branch on the wall with some ornaments ( off our own tree ) and voila!! It took a little time, but I have fun doing it and the effort shows... I hope!



I used the same Spoonflower paper on the dresser to make the Christmas trees.  I  had a little left over and these were easy to make.  I'll also be able to hang on to them and use for another photo down the road.


This dresser is solid wood but in a very distressed condition so instead of covering it completely with paint, I chose to highlight all of the imperfections.  I love how the grain wears through the paper. This aviary paper lends itself to a more vintage look, almost like wallpaper. Knobs from Anthropologie.




Pink is not for everyone, I get it but sometimes it's necessary, like when you have a sweet little girl getting a big girl bed.  The paper was my inspiration and I love the way it turned out.  I see it setting next to a Jenny Lind spindle bed or maybe even an antique iron one. 

Happy Wednesday!

~DIONNE

1 comment:

  1. I think it looks absolutely gorgeous! ;)
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete