Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Vintage Record Cabinet and Me - Living with Color

In case you haven't noticed, I'm a huge fan of color. Obviously, turquoise is my favorite but I also love shades of red, coral, and green.  I believe color adds warmth and character to a home, style and charisma to an outfit, and overall fun to your day. Colors create feelings, a mood or a memory. This is what makes my heart happy - all these various colors and playing with them to create a look that's all mine. 



I painted this vintage record cabinet this week.  I've held onto this paper for awhile now because I knew the right piece would eventually come along.  This was it and this dark green gives the cabinet a masculine look.  The knobs are a "horn - like " material from Anthropologie.







BEFORE 

I don't have a record player or records for that matter.  I hope I know the person that buys this piece.  I bet they're way cooler than me.  Maybe they'll invite me over to listen to a record or two. ;-)

~Dionne


1 comment:

  1. I adore your style! I love your choice of papers and colors. How do you get the paper on your cabinet fronts though? Do you glue? Shellac? but seriously, YOU ARE AWESOME! Love your creativity!

    ReplyDelete