Thursday, March 26, 2015

My First Time Using Annie Sloan Chalk Paint

So, this was fun!  I've never used chalk paint before, ever! I'm a fan of latex because of all the color options and I'm an old school girl...why fix what isn't broken, right?  But, Oh my goodness yes!! I love this paint. I love layering colors and this is perfect for that, as you all probably know.  I'd been wanting to try it for awhile, but once the marketing director for Annie Sloan contacted me about using their paint, I had to give it a shot! So, here is my first piece.  I'm still debating on which wax to use to finish it off...taking suggestions!;-)




I papered the side insets with this beach scene.  You know me...always trying an unexpected touch.   






I hope you all enjoy this piece as much as I enjoyed painting it!  I'll be posting it over to Miss Mustard Seed's Friday Furniture Feature!

4 comments:

  1. Nice Dionne! Just remember, dark wax will permanently change the color once applied. So apply the clear wax first. If you want to darken it up or age it, then do the dark. If you don't like it, just use a little mineral spirits to remove the wax. Or you use a regular topcoat like you would for normal paint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its just beautiful. Might I ask where you got the wonderful paper? Thanks Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Outstanding artististic expressions on furniture. Very clever. As I recall, your remarkable grandmother was also an artist. She would be amazed, impressed and proud to see the manifestation of your creative designs. Many people have talent, very few cultivate them into skills of this caliber. BRAVO! I'm standing now, applauding.

    ReplyDelete