Thursday, December 18, 2014

Ombre in Shades of Blue

I've never attempted an ombre finish before and this week I did two!  I had so much fun mixing 8 different colors to get these 5 I used here on this antique dresser.  I added the blue mercury glass knobs and I think they look like little jewels. Overall, this was one of my most fun pieces to ever paint. Hope you enjoy the "before and after".


My brother in law painted the large Santa painting for me last year.  Isn't it gorgeous?





Here is the dresser before I painted it...


I'll be linking this dresser makeover up to Miss Mustard's Friday Furniture Feature. Click the link and take a look at all the amazing makeovers!!

Happy Friday!

~Dionne

3 comments:

  1. Dionne, this is stunning. I love how subtle the colour shift is. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it!...but the Santa is the BOMB, too! Bravo & Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...wow...woo. At first, I thought it was the lighting that created the various shades of color. That is so unique and creative. I wish I knew how to do that myself. Good job!

    ReplyDelete