Thursday, June 21, 2012

In Transition...

So, the story goes...
I found this table, LOVE it, just not in the shiny black finish.
Needs a flat finish...but what color???

 How about gray, maybe driftwood like, with a brown glaze??

 I like it, but just doesn't look finished.
 So, I paint a flat white and distress the finish.
This allowed the original black and gray to peek though.


What do you think? Better or worse?
I would love to hear your input!

Saw this quote today on knackstudio.com
Not sure I'll ever master this one;)



7 comments:

  1. Love it! Where did you find it?! Coming from the Shabby Creek Cottage....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it white and love how you distressed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, liked it better gray.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it much better white with the black showing through. You did a beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! The gray would have been too dark against your lovely turquoise walls, imho. :) (Found you through Decorating Insanity)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like it as white with the lovely distressing.

    Best,
    ~Mimi B~

    ReplyDelete